Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Introductions and Welcomes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introductions and Welcomes

Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #25

Hello!

I think it would be great if we could take a few seconds to introduce ourselves here. Perhaps it would serve to get the community jump started. So often even in a larger group of individuals everyone is waiting for someone to speak up, all the while missing out on such great interaction.

So, let me be the first to say hello! My name is Rob, and I'm one of the Managers of this site. I love the technical aspects of beading and the related jewelry arts. I like working with metals, wire wrapping, finding new techniques, and trying new things. The budget tends to dictate the style of choice from one moment to the next.

I'm also a web designer, musician and entrepreneur. My role is more one of support for the arts. Although I do not work much myself in jewelry design, I do create support and information for those that do. And I definitely can appreciate great art work, and diversity.

I look forward to hearing about all of you as well. Please feel free to interact, as that is the heart of this site.

Rob Taylor

General Manager
Beading Nation

Re: Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #35

I am Karen and I just joined. I have been making jewelry for several years now. I do mostly bead stringing and chain mail. I do a little wire wrapping but nothing on the difficult side. I have 2 teenage daughters and a step-son. I have spent the last year battling breast cancer and am the winner. I do my own website and sell on several sites. I also do many local craft shows. I look forward to learning and sharing on this site, along with meeting some great people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrystalCross, Magdalene

Re: Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #48

My name is Chris and I've been beading for about 6 years. I am very fortunate to live where I have access to an excellent bead store that offers tons of great classes by local and nationally recognized artists. I like off-loom bead weaving, wire working and some metal working as well. I only bead for fun and don't make anything for sale. My friends and family are, of course, beautifully adorned.

I am very glad to have discovered the joy of beads and look forward to learning from fellow beaders on this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrystalCross, Magdalene

Re: Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #49

If you have a moment, create an album and upload some of the images of your work. We love to see what other artists have created.

Re: Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #54

Hello,
My name is Jaime and I have been beading for 6 years.

I like to experiment with different techniques and for a while I've been on a wire kick.
I've done hand knotting pearl necklaces, illusion necklaces and other stringing, dabbled in chain maille and a little in the seed bead world, and I think wire is by far my favorite.

My next adventure is to try my hand at bead weaving, but the patterns are intimidating!

Anywho, that's a little about me.

I have uploaded an album of a handful of images of my work.

Re: Introductions and Welcomes 8 years, 10 months ago #55

Hi, there! I go by jamberry, jamberrysong, or just jams.

I've been making jewelry as a hobby on and off for only a little while. Recently, I got hardcore into it and can't imagine never making jewelry again. It's wonderful fun and you can show off the results by wearing it! Gotta love that.

Some of my other hobbies and interests include writing, drawing, studying history, coffee, nature, and being creative. I'm hoping to meet some other fellow artists and writers who also bead here!

So exciting to be a part of this community. I'm really looking forward to it!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Protected by R Antispam